Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pain. Is. Not. Permanent.

Pain. Is. Not. Permanent.

Or better yet...

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18 NIV)


Today an idea came to mind...

When I was a kid, there were times when I would fall off my bike and scrape my knee. 

I'd fall, my skin would bleed, and I would cry (rather loudly I might add).
In my eyes, this was the WORST possible thing that could be happening.

But eventually...
The scrape healed, the pain stopped, and the mark went away. 

Either by fading completely or leaving me with a battle scar and a story to tell. (Bike-1 Kassandra-0)


In my present situation...
This scrape has not healed. This pain has not yet gone away.

But I know it will. 

For now...
I've got two options;

A. Sit down and cry like my world is ending (WHICH IT ISN'T!!!)

OR 

B. Get up, brush it off, and keep it moving. 

I choose B, keeping this in mind...
At some point it does end. 
And who knows? 
Maybe I'll end up with an awesome story to tell about it later. 

For now, I smile and simply remember... Pain. Is. Not. Permanent.




No comments:

Post a Comment